Benefits of Running
Running is a popular form of exercise that people participate in dearly. It is a very low or no cost involved exercise. You can do it anywhere without any hesitations. Running is a known and pursued form of exercise. Let us take a look at why it is so popular and what are the benefits of running:
Health benefits of running:
- Running improves cardio-vascular system
- Running improves muscle strength
- Running helps reduce weight
- Running improves stamina
The lesser known benefits of running everyday-
- Running improves your sleep
- Running strengthens your knees and back
- Running helps strengthen bones as it is a weight bearing exercise
- Running modest exercise can improve immunity
- Running improves cognitive function
- Running reduces cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s
- Running reduces risk of cancer
- Running improves mental health and reduces depression
- Running lowers risk of diabetes.
- Running improves metabolism
- Running lowers blood pressure
- Running builds confidence and self esteem
These are the most popular and important benefits of running. Running can give you a longer life, better sleep, improved immunity and mood.
Everyone should run everyday or at least 4 times in a week for improved life.
Things to be kept in mind: -
- Check with doctor if some of your health issues pose a hazard in running or can be ignited due to running
- Wear proper shoes while running in order to reduce pressure on knees and ankle
- Make sure you are running in an oxygen rich environment, contrary to roads with lot of pollution
- If you are running during the day, take care of harmful UV radiation and apply sunscreen, SPF 30+
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WHY DO YOU LOVE RUNNING!