Bodybuilding is the process of developing and controlling the muscular structure of the body through resistance exercises. Unlike powerlifting, bodybuilding focuses on the physical appearance of the body rather than strength training. An individual practicing or involved in bodybuilding is known as a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is not an easy task. It takes a considerable amount of time to build strong and attractive muscles. This activity is practiced mostly 30-45 minutes a day and for 4-5 days a week.
HOW TO START WITH BODYBUILDING?
If you are really determined to do bodybuilding, then following a strict routine is a must. Here are a few steps you can follow to start with bodybuilding:
- Make a schedule and adhere to it: Not only planning to do bodybuilding is enough, but following that plan strictly is also needed. Focus on various exercises for attaining strong muscles. Try to stick to your plan on a regular basis.
- Hire a lifting partner: Hiring a lifting partner for your bodybuilding purpose will help you in the training. There are some aspects of bodybuilding that cannot be performed alone, hence you will be needing a lifting partner. Moreover, you will have a peer who will motivate you and give you tips for bodybuilding.
- Keep yourself hydrated and take a proper diet: It is quite mandatory to keep yourself hydrated if you are into bodybuilding. It plays a key role in keeping your muscles healthy and growing. It helps in transferring nutrients to all parts of the body and also helps to build the proteins required by the muscles to repair. A proper diet is equally essential for a bodybuilder. It provides you strength and all the required vitamins and minerals. Consume a balanced diet on a regular basis
- Take proper rest: Not only working out vigorously but taking proper rest is equally important. Your muscles have to go through multiple wear and tears while working out which are repaired only when we take rest. Your energy level is boosted after you take proper rest.
EFFECTIVE BODYBUILDING EXERCISES:
- Olympic squats
- Bench press
- Overhead press
- Bent-over row
- Wide-grip pull up
- Barbell curl
- Skull crusher
- Straight-leg deadlift
- Standing-calf raise
- Meat and fish: chicken breast, salmon, cod, ground beef
- Dairy products: yogurt, cottage cheese, and low-fat milk and cheese
- Fruits and Vegetables: oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, green peas, potatoes, corn, broccoli, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber
- Seeds and nuts: almonds, walnut, chia seeds, flax seeds.
BENEFITS OF BODYBUILDING
- Increases muscle mass and strength
- Lowers the risk of cancer, heart and kidney diseases
- Reduces body fat
- Lowers the risk of chronic diseases