PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a disorder that leads to hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. A woman’s body starts producing more than required male hormones which lead to certain manly changes in a woman’s body. PCOS causes irregularity in the menstrual cycle and can cause troubles during pregnancy. PCOS can be caused because of a number of factors. Below are listed some of the causes:
- Genetic factor: PCOS can be caused because of genetic factors.
- Insulin resistance: Insulin resistance is caused when the body cells cannot use the insulin properly. Excess of insulin in the body compels the ovaries to produce more male hormones.
- Obesity: Obesity causes problems like inflammation and insulin resistance which leads to the production of male hormones. All this leads to PCOS.
- Stress and depression: Stress leads to hormonal disbalance in the body which in turn leads to PCOS. So try to keep yourself happy and cheerful.
- Consume too many fatty and sugary foods: Too many oily and sugary food items cause abnormalities in the body leading to PCOS.