Did you know that there are around 4 different types of PCOS? Yes, you read it right. There are 4 different types of PCOS that women suffer from. Each of these types has different symptoms and causes. The 4 different types of PCOS are Insulin-resistance PCOS, Inflammatory PCOS, Hidden-cause PCOS, Pill-induced PCOS. Let us now know about how these PCOS are caused and what are the health issues related to them.
- Causes: This type of PCOS is mostly found among women. It is caused by smoking, high levels of sugar in the body, polluted environment, and trans fat. If the insulin level in your body is high and you are obese or overweight, then the chances of suffering from this type of PCOS are high.
- Risk to the body: High levels of insulin in the body disrupts the ovulation cycle and leads to the creation of testosterone by the ovaries.
- Cure/prevention: Try consuming less sugar. Keep your insulin levels regulated. This type of PCOS usually takes a period of 6 to 9 months to get cured.
- Causes: This type of PCOS is caused due to stress, toxic elements, and a high amount of gluten in the body.
- Risks to the body: prevention of ovulation, hormonal imbalance, and production of androgens, headache, infection or skin allergy, deficiency of vitamin D, and increased level of the thyroid.
- Cure/Prevention: Try to reduce your stress level. Consume less amount of dairy products, sugar, and wheat. Start consuming a diet rich in anti-inflammatory properties like magnesium. This type of PCOS may take around 9 months to get cured.
- Causes: Thyroid disease, iodine deficiency, artificial sweeteners, a lot of green vegetables(it makes your body zinc deficient)
- Risks to the body: Prevent ovulation and hormonal imbalance
- Cure/Prevention: Get your thyroid checked and start the required treatment. Increase the iodine content in your body.
- Causes: This is the second most common type of PCOS. It is majorly caused due to birth control pills which increase the LH levels in the blood.
- Risks to the body: Prevents ovulation and disturbs the menstrual cycle.
- Cure/Prevention: This type of PCOS as soon as the effects of the pills are gone. But in some women, these effects persist and they should consult the doctor immediately.