Hair loss has become the most common problem among people these days both among men and women. Approximately 35 million men in the United States and approximately 21 million women suffer from hair loss. There are many factors contributing to hair loss such as eating habits, your lifestyle, certain disorders or disease, and even environmental factors. So, let us discuss the possible causes of hair fall and how this problem is treated.
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN FEMALES:
- Medication: Medicines can have adverse effects on your hair. The chemicals in medicines stimulate hair fall. Medicines to control acne and ADHD and even birth control pills can cause your hair to get thinner.
- Traction Alopecia: Tying tight ponytails or braids can lead to permanent hair loss. Also. wearing helmets or using headphones for a long period of time can lead to damaging the hair follicles resulting in hair loss.
- Over styling: Hair treatments such as bleaching and dyeing can damage the roots of the hair to a great extent. Using hair straightener at a high heat setting can also lead to hair fall
- Hormonal disbalance: Disorders like PCOS, thyroid disease, and lupus can also cause hair loss.
- Poor nutrition: Not consuming the required amount of vitamins and minerals leads to hair loss. At times dieting too much and over-exercising can also cause hair fall.
- Anemia: It is a disorder caused in young girls due to the deficiency of iron in their diet leading to hair loss and many other body problems.
- Stress: Managing family, work, and dealing with society causes a lot of stress in females. More the stress, the more the hair fall.
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN MALES:
- Heredity: If you have a family history of hair loss, then probably you can also suffer from hair loss.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions: Hormonal imbalance and medical problems can lead to baldness and hair loss. Medicines have certain chemicals that disturb the hormonal balance and cause hair loss.
- Stress: Work pressure and family pressures can lead to hair loss and a lot of damage to your hair.
- Improper diet: Consuming a diet less in minerals and vitamins can also contribute to hair loss. Proper diet consumption is required to keep your hair healthy.
- Poor hair care: Men are usually not aware of hair care and even not much concerned about their hair which eventually leads to hair loss.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE HAIR?
Here are a few effective tips that can help you in taking care of your hair.
- Wash your hair regularly
- Use a limited amount of chemicals on your hair
- Dry your hair naturally rather than using hair dryers
- Oil your hair properly
- Eat nutritious food
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Don’t stress yourself
- Use a wide-toothed comb