Have you been suffering from PCOS for a long time? Do you want to reduce the symptoms of PCOS in your body? If yes, then along with dietary changes you need to do certain light exercises to keep the symptoms of PCOS under control. PCOS has affected a large part of the female population. PCOS disrupts the menstrual cycle of a woman and eventually, it leads to infertility. Here are some light exercises that can help all the ladies out there.
- Cardio workout: Exercises like walking, jogging, cycling, etc can help your body reduce insulin resistance. Doing these exercises for 30 minutes or more can improve the menstrual cycle and ovulation period.
- Strength training: Exercises like squats, push-ups, triceps dips are the strength training exercises that can be practiced to control the symptoms of PCOS. They are helpful for reducing insulin resistance, improving the metabolic rate of the body.
- Interval training of high-intensity: Interval training helps to enhance your cardiovascular fitness and helps in burning a lot of calories as well. Your body’s insulin resistance is also under control when you are involved in interval training.
- Core strengthening exercises: These exercises are effective for the prevention of injury and general well-being. It helps a woman’s body to get prepared for pregnancy.
- Mind relaxing exercises: Studies have shown that PCOS has a direct relationship with stress, depression, and anxiety. Therefore, exercises like yoga, meditation, pilates, etc should be performed to keep your mind stress-free.