Sitting idle at home during the lockdown and having nothing to do throughout the day can make your body and mind lazy, which may lead to weight gain, and eventually, you may become obese. To prevent such a situation it is important to keep your body and mind active. Let us know how to keep ourselves away from weight gain during this lockdown:
- Reduce sugar consumption: Sugary products and processed food should be consumed in less quantity. Consuming a high amount of sugar leads to weight gain at a rapid rate and you become obese soon.
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables: An adult must consume around 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. Fruits and vegetables keep your calories count low and decrease the tendency of overeating.
- Include dietary fiber in your diet: Dietary fibers play a key role in maintaining your weight and hence should be included in your diet.
- Engage your body in exercises: Exercising on a regular basis keeps you fit, healthy, and away from weight gain.
- Don’t stress yourself: Studies show that stress can lead to cravings for high-calorie food, which in turn leads to weight gain. So try to keep yourself stress-free.