PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) has become a common disorder among women these days. You can manage the symptoms of PCOS through lifestyle and dietary changes. Although there is no particular treatment, yet certain changes in your life can reduce the symptoms. Here is a list of treatments that can help a woman fight against PCOS.
- Include whole foods: Whole foods are in their natural and unprocessed state because of which all their nutrient content is preserved. Whole foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes.
- Focus on proteins: Try to furnish your body with enough proteins as proteins lead to the production of insulin in the body. Focus on consuming nuts, legumes, and whole nuts.
- Choose anti-inflammatory products: Inflammation in the ovaries causes inflammatory PCOS. Hence, try to consume anti-inflammatory food products like olive oil, tomatoes, leafy green vegetables, etc.
- Increase your iron content: Women with PCOS tend to experience heavy blood flow during their menstruation days. Huge blood loss can lead to anemia. Hence, the iron content in the blood should be up to the mark.
- Other dietary changes needed: Increase the fiber content in your diet and reduce your coffee intake
SUPPLEMENTS FOR HORMONE REGULATION
- Inositol: It is a vitamin B supplement that can help in improving insulin resistance.
- Chromium: These supplements help in improving BMI, which can help in preventing PCOS.
- Cinnamon: It helps in insulin resistance and also helps to regulate menstruation
- Turmeric: It acts as an effective anti-inflammatory agent
- Zinc: It helps in boosting fertility and the immune system as well
- Maintain your body weight: If you have healthy body weight, then it will help to decrease insulin resistance and regulate your menstrual cycle. If you are overweight, then your chances of suffering from PCOS are high.
- Sleep well: A proper sleep regulates the hormonal balance in your body. Try to sleep at least 8 to 10 hours per night and maintain a proper bedtime routine. Avoid fatty foods before going to bed.
- Reduce stress: Avoid stress as much as possible as it can negatively impact your health. Doing yoga, sleeping well, reducing the intake of coffee, all contribute towards reducing stress.