To stay fit and healthy during covid-19, focus on food that will boost the functioning of your immune system and help in preventing covid-19. Consume a balanced diet to meet all the nutrients’ requirements of the body. Here we will tell you about the diet that should be consumed during covid-19 to keep yourself fit and away from all kinds of diseases:
- Fruits and vegetables are a must: Fruits and vegetables are the best sources to meet the nutrients requirements of the body. They replenish your body with the required vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
- Go for whole grains instead of refined grains: Whole grains are a rich source of carbohydrates that replenishes our body with energy and makes us feel full for a long period of time.
- Choose unsaturated fats over saturated fats: Switching to unsaturated fats can help to lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of a heart attack. We should reduce the consumption of fatty oils, fatty meat, high-fat dairy products and increase the consumption of nuts, fatty fish, and plant oils.
- Reduce the consumption of sugary food items and beverages: Food items such as potato chips, chocolates, and other sugary drinks should be consumed in the least possible quantities as they are of little nutritional value. They should be eaten rarely,
- Drink plenty of water: Keep yourself hydrated for the wellbeing of your overall health. For making a refreshing drink, add slices of lemon, cucumber, mint, or berries in the water.
Get the required vitamin D: Get your regular dose of vitamin D for maintaining proper health and immunity.