Anshuka Parwani, the renowned yoga instructor recently shared the pictures of Ananya Pandey doing backbend with a block. It seems like Ananya is really sedulous with fitness and is bucketing alongside her fitness levels. Anshuka shared a picture where Ananya was seen doing bridge yoga backbend pose with a block to support her back.
“Blocks are truly your best friend when you’re trying to understand alignment and get deeper into postures. Even advanced practitioners find blocks useful to explore the asana anatomy or use them for deep relaxation,” – captioned Anshuka on her instagram post.
Bridge pose, also known as Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is a backbend asana in hatha yoga. It stretches the spine, neck and chest, stimulates abdominal organs, lungs and thyroid, and rejuvenates the body by reducing fatigue or anxiety, according to Yogajournal.
Following are the steps for performing Setu Bandhasana properly:-
- Firstly, lie down flat on your back
- Now, gently bend your knees and place your feet on the ground hip-width apart
- Your knees should be in line with your ankles and the soles of your feet should be close to your buttocks
- Place your hands on the ground parallel to your body with your with your palms flat on the ground
- Inhale, lift your body off the floor, pushing with your pelvis, lower back and feet
- Roll in your shoulders and try to touch your chin to your chest, without moving your head
- Tighten your buttocks and make sure that your thighs are parallel to each other
- Try to push your torso higher and interlace your fingers behind your back on the floor
- Inhale and exhale slowly and try maintain the pose for 30-60 seconds
- Now get down and lay flat on your back again
- Relax for a few seconds and repeat.